Wednesday, February 11, 2009

28 Week Check-up & More!

Today marked our 28 week check-up and the most anticipated glucose test! Everything turned out wonderfully. I am measuring great and we are still right on with our due date of 5/5. The babies hearbeat today was a strong 148 and my iron levels and glucose test came back perfect, so mark that as another very successful trip to the doctors office. It is hard to believe that next time we visit we will start the rotation with the other doctors, I of course am only meeting them to be nice, as I fully expect Dr. Olson to deliver our precious daughter (wink, wink)! A girl can hope and pray that it works out that way...but I am sure at the point of delivery I won't care if Mike is delivering the baby as long as the baby is delivered!

We had a very fun trip to Cedar Falls yesterday and a successful one at that! A children's store called Peek-a-boo has rocker/gliders there that you can flip through numerous swatches to find one that fits your nursery decor perfectly. Mike and I had talked about how nice it would be to get a green chair so that way it is technically gender neutral if we did have a boy next time. We set out on our mission of thumbing through swatches and nothing was really standing out. Then low and behold a floor model caught our eye with a nice green fabric. I asked the lady why the fabric on the chair wasn't in the swatch booklet and she replied, "That fabric is being discontinued." About halfway through my disappointment it dawned on me that "Hey! Maybe they would want to sell me this one?!" And sure enough, that is just what they did! We got a little bit of a discount on it which made it even better, plus I got to take it home with me yesterday instead of waiting to have it shipped. That being said, I didn't tell Mike that I brought the chair home, I told him that I brought a few swatches home that we needed to decide from. So when he got home he went back to the nursery to "see the swatches" and was surprised to see the new chair waiting there. He was SO excited! He popped his head in and out of the nursery six different times throughout the night just to see it again! He is going to be such a great Dad! I have to admit I am almost just as excited to make him a Daddy as I am to meet this little one!


So, slowly but surely we are incorporating the furniture into the newly painted nursery and before we know it, it will be full of things, I am a little worried about having enough space! Mike always says, "it will all work out,"...and I have faith that is exactly what will happen.

No comments: