Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Greatest Gift of All...


Today marked my 28th birthday! We spent a low key day together as a family, bumming around the house...something we don't get to do very often! Just like every other birthday, there was cake, ice cream and presents...but this year was different. This year I am a Mom, I have been truly on the other side of a "birth"day and as I sat at my Dad's house watching everyone enjoy their cake and ice cream I realized that birthday's are now forever changed. I smiled to myself as this all became clear, all the fanfare is great and very appreciated, but the real celebration is really about the gift of life!

Happy Birthday Mom!

A gaggle of girls!

Yes, I like presents!

My true gifts!

I am so lucky to have such an amazing family and great friends to help me celebrate, it has been a wonderful day! I'm a very lucky girl, all of my wishes came true!

No comments: