Sunday, December 13, 2009

A Christmas Tradition

This weekend marked the date of a special tradition for the holidays. My sister-in-law Jen, two nieces Celia and Ruby, and 3 of my bestest girl friends were off to Strawberry Point to bake Christmas cookies with my Grandma Harvey!

Grandma's little helper



Sleeping on the job!


The frosting queens!

We always have a great time and come home stuffed! Both from sneaking bites while baking and also from indulging on Grandma's famous homemade pizza! Lila didn't join us this year, but I do hope it will be a tradition that will live one well into her childhood! I know it is one that I look forward to every year and I can't wait to share it with her as well.

The rest of the weekend was devoted to getting some things done around the house and putting a nice sized dent in our Christmas shopping. It isn't getting any warmer here, in fact late this week it was very cold! We have no choice but to bundle Lila up in several layers, her bunting, mittens and a hat! She doesn't love it, in fact she hates having her mittens on, but we keep telling her it is for her own good!


All bundled up!

A special Happy Birthday to my dear friend Jackie, her birthday was Saturday, December 12th! We hope you had an amazing birthday, it is your last one as a twenty-something!

No comments: