Sunday, October 31, 2010

Follow the Yellow Brick Road...

Little Miss Lila was transformed into Little Miss Dorothy this Halloween! And might I add, the cutest darn Dorothy I have ever seen! She was all decked out in her white and blue checkered dress, her pigtails and her ruby red slippers! We decided to forgo a true Toto, since her puppy is her best friend, we figured that this year Toto could be a spotted dog!

On Friday Mike, Lila and I attended the Halloween festivities at TrueNorth! Every year the office hosts a Halloween party for all of our employees and their families. The kids have a route to go trick or treating with a final stop in Dad's office for $2 bills and a pile of toys to pick from!

Turn that frown upside down!

Halloween day found us enjoying another beautiful fall day! Lila enjoyed running around outside in her costume before the trick-or-treater's descended on our house!

We're off to see the wizard!

We had a lot of kids tonight! Mike and I both commented that we think it was the biggest group of kids we have had so far! We saw a lot of princesses, a few cows, some pink ladies and the list goes on and on. Lila enjoyed helping Daddy pass out the candy, at one point she was even dragging him over to the door in anticipation for the next set of kids!

On another note, Lila had her 18 month check-up a few weeks ago. She is "perfect," as the doctor says! It was so great to hear, he even gave me a pat on the back and said we were doing a great job! Not that I really need the confirmation, but it is always nice to hear that your little one is not only right on track, but in some ways farther along than the standard! She weighed in at 27.2 lbs. (80th percentile), measured 31 3/4 inches (60th percentile) and still has a melon that is right up there in the 90th percentile!

I just said to Mike tonight, "I don't want this stage to go too quickly." She is so much fun right now, I enjoy every second with her. She is deep in exploration and wanting to know what everything is, always looking around with wonder in her eyes. She is absolutely captivating! She has quite the vocabulary too, she is flying past the usual "mama, dada, hi, bye and saying things like "I see you" and "What's that?!"

A peculiar favorite of Lila's is to lay down on the kitchen floor. This is something she does quite often that Mike and I find to be quirky, but funny! It has become very clear to us that she finds great comfort there!

And as always, she continues to make us laugh and laugh! She has the cutest sense of humor and a contagious laugh. As I said above, I am not in any hurry for her to grow up, I will miss the snuggles, the playful giggles and the innocence that embodies her and has taken over our hearts!

1 comment:

D Nelson said...

I love Lila's Halloween costume! And I think Grandpa must be either pinching her or giving her a wedgie!!