Sunday, December 18, 2011

A lot going on!

The Christmas tree was assembled right after Thanksgiving this year, but I have to admit that it was awhile before it was decorated.  We have been so busy that it had fallen to the bottom of my priority list.  A few weeks ago we got it decorated and ever since Lila and the puppies have been enjoying its warm glow!



Both Lila and the dogs never stray too far from where Mom and Dad are.  Even keeping me company while I cook.  I am sure the dogs are more concerned about missing a morsel of food that might hit the ground, but either way, they are welcome company!


Lila and Henley are signed up for another month of Dance With Me at Epic Steps.  We get together on Monday nights with other parents and dance around the studio looking like a bunch of goofballs, but truth be told, it is a lot of fun! 



Saturday, December 10th I helped host a baby shower for my dear friend Racquel and the little girl we are so anxiously awaiting!  We rented out a room at CSPS (which is an old building in Czech Village that just underwent a very nice restoration) and invited Racquel's closest friends and family to join us!  We wanted the shower to reflect Racquel a little more than just a brunch, so we had a mid-afternoon/early evening shower with cocktails, appetizers and dessert, it was a lot of fun!



Miniature golf clubs so little girl can spend some time with her Daddy on the links!

I couldn't be more excited for Racquel that she is going to enter into motherhood!  I remember being in her shoes, anticipating what is to come and being excited about meeting this little one that is growing inside.  But what I am SO excited for is for her to feel that unconditional love that is instantaneous when a baby is born.  The wonderment of what your life was even like before that little one was placed in your arms.  She will be a fantastic mother to this little girl and I positively cannot wait to share this sacred thing called 'motherhood' with her!


This Friday, December 16th, found us out celebrating with our good friends the Holub's and Hahn's for Brad's birthday!  He is born so close to Christmas that his birthday often gets overlooked and quite frankly, we all think that sucks, so we wanted to make sure that didn't happen!  Brad had absolutely no idea we had something planned, he thought he was just going to dinner with Amber at Outback.  Amber was sly and parked her car in the street so the sitter could pull in the driveway and turned her dome light off, so when the 4 of us got there we could quietly slip into the car without anyone knowing.  It was pure giggles in the car until Brad and Amber started to approach, then it was heads down, be as quiet as you can.  As they both climbed in the dark car and got settled we all screamed "Surprise!" and Mike grabbed Brad from the seat behind!  You should have seen the look on Brad's face!  Surprised is an understatement!  We were laughing about it all the way to Iowa City for dinner!  Happy Birthday Brad!!!


Today we had our first Christmas of the season.  We always spend the Sunday before Christmas in Lamont at my Grandma Smith's house.  Unfortunately, Mike was sick this year with the flu, so he had to stay back.  Lila and I packed up the car and got an early start so we could maximize our time!

The great-grandkids!

Grandma always does a "theme gift" and this year it was hats for everyone!  The little girls had a ball with their sequin hats!  Lila likes hats in general, I have a feeling this one is going to be hard to get her to take off at times!


The Smith's: Jason, Jen, Celia & Ruby

Lila had two things on her list this year from Santa...one is Wonder Pets and the other is Thomas the Train.  I have to admit that Thomas the Train is cruel and unusual punishment to me.  I truly don't understand the fascination, but she is completely enamored!  The Fath Family got Lila her first Thomas the Train toy and books and you can't even explain her excitement, I really wish I would have gotten it on camera!  She didn't put her Thomas down the rest of the day and finally just put him down tonight as we were laying her down.

Opening Thomas the Train!

Grandma & Celia

I think I say this every year, but where has the time gone?  I can't even believe it is Christmas already.  It doesn't help that there isn't snow on the ground.  I often think I could live somewhere else, somewhere warmer, but I have to say, I don't know that I could live somewhere that doesn't have at least a little snow around Christmas.  There is just something about a White Christmas that completes it for me.  Hopefully some snow will fall this week, we all know Santa's sleigh performs better in a little bit of snow!

No comments: