Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day

This Mother's Day followed our usual tradition!  Daddy and Lila let me sleep in a little and got breakfast started!  I awoke to egg casserole baking in the oven and presents awaiting me in the kitchen!  Not only did I get a beautiful orchid, but I got a fantastic Burberry bag and some new shoes, I must be doing something right!!! 

After breakfast we cleaned up and headed out to Culver's which is a local greenhouse & nursery, it is another part of our Mother's Day tradition.  We needed to get our flowers for the season!  It seemed a bit late this year since we have been so blessed with warm, sunny weather, but I just couldn't bring myself to go out there earlier. 

Lila helped me pick out a beautiful purple potted plant for the front steps, a gorgeous blooming hibiscus tree and a few other odds and ends to finish up some of the other pots we needed to plant.  Before we went home we stopped at Dairy Queen and picked up ice cream and surprised Grandma and Grandpa Eddins.  We spent some time enjoying our cool treat while catching up with them on the porch.  Lila was sure to give them a show, she is quite the sassy little girl these days!

After our stop at Grandma and Grandpa's it was homeward bound to start our planting.  Daddy and Lila were so into it and Mike was letting Lila work right along side him as they planted my special tree.  I am not sure what Lila enjoyed more, the planting or the watering?!  She is quite the whiz with a watering can!


We got cleaned up after our afternoon of planting and Lila and I headed to Jason and Jen's for a Mother's Day grill out.  We met my Dad, Laura, Carson and Cade there with our goodies in tow and had a wonderful afternoon, the kids even got in some pool time!  Mike wasn't able to join us as he continues to practice for his upcoming alumni football game in June.  He is pretty excited to play, but I think Lila and Mom might be a bit more excited to watch!

 

It is really hard to believe that this is my 3rd Mother's Day!  I am so priveleged to be in the elite group of Motherhood!  I wear my Mom title like a badge of honor, often telling people that being a mother is my biggest accomplishment.  Creating a beautiful little soul and nurturing her into the sweet little girl she has become...that is truly the sweetest success there is!

No comments: