Monday, November 24, 2008

17 Week Check-up

Today was our 17 week check up and all went well. If you are like us it is hard to believe that we are already 17 weeks along and at the very beginning of our 5th month of pregnancy! We met with Dr. Olson this morning and heard the babies heartbeat...154, a good strong heartbeat. I find myself struggling a little bit and craving confirmation that everything is okay because I am one of the very fortunate expectant mother's that feels really pretty good, so hearing the heartbeat is a great feeling of relief for me that everything is well with Baby Eddins! Today's appointment was a routine check-up, I was told I would have to get a flu shot, so other than that minor prick, all else was painless!

We are certainly looking forward to December 18th when we are able to find out the sex of the baby! Mike is pretty certain it is a girl, friends of ours are predicting a girl, Jason & Jen believe it is a boy, as well as a few other friends and I am completely on the fence, one minute I think it is a boy and the next I am certain it is a girl! I consulted one of those Chinese birth charts online and it said boy, so I then proceeded to check another link to see how consistent the charts are and the next one said girl! SO...needless to say, it is truly a 50/50 guess and we will be blessed either way the coin drops! We are both so anxious to get going on the nursery and I have been patient, if you can believe it, and haven't bought much of anything for the baby yet!

I would like to take a moment and wish my Grandpa Harvey a Happy 72nd Birthday! We hope you have a great day and love you very much!

No comments: