Sunday, September 27, 2009

On the Mend

The better part of the week was spent trying to recuperate Lila from her cold. Just when we would think she was doing better, she would spike a temp again and we would start all over again. I spent the day home with her on Wednesday, Mike and I divided the day on Thursday and then I was back home with her on Friday.

Saturday found Mike, my Dad, my brother, my uncle and two family friends headed to State College, PA to cheer on the Hawkeyes against Penn State.


True Fans!


It was cold and rainy, but the Hawkeyes made for an exciting 2nd half and won therefore making the whole trip worthwhile! While Mike was gone Lila and I had the chance to let her rest for another whole day, making sure that this cold goes away. I think it did the trick as today she seems a lot better, however...I have it now! Go figure!

We were both super excited to welcome Mike back home! It was the first night he was away from Lila and it was kind of hard for both of us. It was hard for him to be away and it was hard for me to sleep soundly without the protector of the family. The dogs woke me up 6 times, yes 6 times barking in the middle of the night...needless to say that didn't make me sleep any better!

We got through it! When Mike got home Lila didn't waste anytime snuggling into him and before we knew it she was sound asleep, safe and sound in her Daddy's arms!

No comments: