Monday, September 21, 2009

Quality Time

The week was a good one especially after the very busy weekend we had just had! I feel like it flew by in a hurry. My brother and sister-in-law were spending some time in Canada to see a U2 concert, so Mom had both of our nieces to watch over. We were able to spend some nice time with all of them...quality time! Mom headed back to Nashville for a majority of the fall and winter, she will be back here and there, but it won't be anything like the time she spent here over the past 5 months. I have grown accustom to her being home, being at my fingertips, seeing her every few days. It was hard to see her go...selfishly I would like her closer, but it will be okay, time flies and we will be together again soon.

Jason and Jen got home from Canada so we all gathered together on Saturday afternoon to watch the Hawkeye game. The Hawks seem to get a little better each time they take the field, lets hope that is the trend for the rest of the season. The girls were having a good time and Celia was even trying out some cheerleading moves!


Sunday found myself and two girlfriends on a road trip to Williamsburg, to the outlet mall. We all had a handful of reasons to get down there, so we decided to leave the children at home with the Daddy's and head for some much needed Mommy time! We had a lot of fun and got some really good deals. I have to admit up until I was pregnant I had been to the outlet maybe a dozen times in my whole life, now that Lila has entered the picture I truly cannot live without the Carter's store, everything is so reasonable and fits her perfectly that it is worth the drive.

We headed home in time for us to have some quality family time. Lila was super excited when she learned it was bath night! She is still loving her baths and has graduated from using her net in her tub, so she is really digging the splashing she can do with her feet!


If you look hard enough at the picture above you can tell that her hair is sticking up on the top of her head...Mike measured it the other night and it is at least 1 1/2 inches long on top! I can only imagine what we will be dealing with when she is a year old, not sure I am going to be able to bring myself to cut it. Just looking at her makes us both SMILE!

No comments: