Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

A mother is someone to shelter and guide us,
To love us, whatever we do,
With a warm understanding and infinite patience,
And wonderful gentleness, too.
How often a mother means swift reassurance
In soothing our small, childish fears,
How tenderly mothers watch over their children
And treasure them all through the years!
The heart of a mother is full of forgiveness
For any mistake, big or small,
And generous always in helping her family
Whose needs she has placed above all.
A mother can utter a word of compassion

And make all our cares fall away,
She can brighten a home with the sound of her laughter
And make life delightful and gay.
A mother possesses incredible wisdom
And wonderful insight and skill
In each human heart is that one special corner
Which only a mother can fill!
- Katherine Nelson Davis

I had a wonderful Mother's Day...all in part to my amazing husband, beautiful daughter and other family! I awoke, after sleeping in, to two beautiful bouquets of flowers, two sweet cards and the fabulous gift of an iPod touch! YAY for me!

We got cleaned up and off we went to brunch at CRCC, yum! We met up with my Dad, Laura, Carson, Cade and my Grandma Smith. It was so nice to have great food and catch up with family! There were so many happy Mother's there, it is nice to be a part of the group!

After brunch we took advantage of the surprise sunshine and headed to Culver's to do some browsing! We were on the hunt for a Lilac tree, but unfortunately they didn't have much to choose from. But, we did find a really neat potted plant for our front porch...thanks Dad!

After we left Culver's we headed home to hang out and enjoy the rest of the day. Lila inherited a playset that we bought for Celia when she was about her age, so she took her first "swing" on her swing! She really liked it! I can see a much bigger version in our future!

After some fun in the sun, Lila and I snuggled in on her big green chair and before we knew it we were both zonked! A true Mother's Day treat...considering a one year old has much better things to do than to snuggle in and take a nap with their Mommy!

I said to Mike today, "I sometimes still cannot believe that I am a MOM!" I wear the title like a badge of honor. I couldn't be more proud than I am to be a Mom, Lila's Mom, the Mom to Mike's child. I have never done such important work, I will never feel as accomplished in my life than I do when I look at my child.

Happy Mother's Day to all the AMAZING Mom's out there!

No comments: