Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The ______ Lady!

This year for Halloween our Little Lady was a Pink Lady!  She could not have looked any cuter than she did!  I know that the costume choice wasn't the traditional Disney princess, but I figured if I get another year to help guide her costume choice I was going to take full advantage...I couldn't help myself!

Her costume fun started last Tuesday night when we went to Kindermusik.  The kids were welcome to wear their costumes to class!  There were lots of cute little ones there all curious to see what their friends had picked out to wear!


On Halloween night we weren't so sure if Lila would be up for trick-or-treating, but we got her candy bag all ready and off we went around the neighborhood to collect some goodies!  Mike's grandparents stopped by to see our little 50's sweetheart, so they helped Mike walk Lila around a little more while Mommy went back to the house to be sure to hand out candy to all the other little ghosts & goblins!


Eat your heart out, Rizzo!

Such a poser!


Trick-or-Treat!


She didn't last all that long out and about, but she came home with a few yummy treats in her bag and enjoyed handing out the candy with Daddy for the rest of the evening! 

Lila may have been a Pink Lady for Halloween, but I was one Spoiled Lady for my birthday!  On Saturday, the 29th, my girlfriends picked me up and treated me to an amazing day at the spa!  They had lunch brought in and we all had massages.  It was truly wonderful!  We snuggled up on the furniture in the relaxation room, all got pampered and got caught up on some gossip!

Blindfolded on my way to the spa!
After our afternoon at the spa we all went back home and got cleaned up and ready to go out for the night!  Racquel had agreed to drive the "bus" around for the night considering she is preggers and was up for being the responsible party for the evening!  We dropped Lila off at Grandpa & Laura's and off we went!

Our chariot!

Lila playing Barbies with Carson and Carly
We had decided to have dinner in Mount Vernon at Lincoln Cafe.  Our first stop before heading to dinner was the Lincoln Wine Bar to pick up a few provisions for dinner!  We settled on a few bottles of wine and had a cooler packed with beer.

At the wine bar

'Food is Important' is their slogan - boy are they right!
There wasn' t a single detail forgotten, they even got me a delicious cake to celebrate my milestone birthday!


After dinner it was back to Cedar Rapids to enjoy a night out.  Considering it was Halloween weekend the bars were full of people in costumes!  In fact, we were definitely out numbered!  Taylor even made friends with a guy in a chicken suit!


We had so much fun that by the end of the night the pictures ended up looking like this!
All of the material gifts I received for my birthday were absolutley wonderful, but there truly isn't a better gift than the love I receive from my husband, my family and my friends. All of them made sure that I had a birthday for the memory books!  I am one LUCKY Lady!

No comments: