Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day


Today marks my very first Mother's Day! It started out with Mike and Lila letting me sleep in with the puppies, what a gift! Then we spent some of the morning hanging out, just us! I was then presented with a bouquet of flowers and a gift from Lila, Mike and the dogs, a beautiful Burberry watch!

We then headed out to have brunch at CRCC with my Dad, Laura, Carson, Cade and a few others. It was Lila's first time going to the country club, so I wanted to try and find a dress for her and I had absolutely no luck finding something small enough to fit her, I was bummed, but of course she still looked beautiful in her flower onesie and pink pants!

This evening found us at Jiamen having dinner with my Mom. It has been so nice to have her home and for me to be able to spend my first Mother's Day with my Mom. I told her as we walked out tonight how unbelieveable it is for me to hear people say "Happy Mother's Day" and have it directed at me, it really is a wonderful feeling!

I am overwhelmed today as I sit and count my blessings. I am so thankful for my husband, my beautiful daughter and my darling dogs. I think about all the people that are celebrating Mother's Day, those women who have influenced me over the years that will help shape the Mother that I am today...the Mother I hope to be. To all of you, Mom, Grandma, my sister (in-law), and all the others, you know who you are, thank you. Thank you for the advice, the love, the support and most of all the impression you have left on me.

Happy Mother's Day to all of the Mother's out there!

No comments: