Sunday, August 23, 2009

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!

On Friday we headed to Lamont, just us girls: Jen, Celia, Ruby, Lila and I to take my Grandma out to lunch and spend some time with her for her birthday!

Grandma and her girls!

We had a very nice time visiting, despite the rainy weather! We went uptown to have lunch at the Common Grounds, which is an all volunteer coffeshop in Lamont. Grandma enjoys volunteering and she really appreciated having us all up to meet her friends and co-workers. After lunch we had a very special treat...ice cream from the Dairy Sweet. This is the place that my Grandma and Grandpa would take us when we were little, I can close my eyes and go to the backseat of their car eating a huge crunch cone. Most of the crunch was scattered all over the backseat...I giggle now thinking at how laidback they were, never making a fuss over the gigantic mess I would leave. Those are the best memories, the ones I hold so dear to my heart, I smile to think of all of those memories that Lila has yet to make!


We had an unexpectedly low-key weekend and it came as a nice surprise! We were able to spend some time as a family and come and go as we pleased...Lila enjoyed a little jammie time where she didn't have to wake up and get dressed right away, we can all admit to enjoying days like that!


This week Lila will go full time to Connie. We will miss Jorden a lot, Lila and her got very close and we are so thankful she helped us out this summer, she was truly a lifesaver! We are looking forward to getting into a normal routine with Connie, I think Lila is craving a little consistency as well. She really likes Connie and the kids at daycare, so we have no doubt that it will be a smooth transition to full time! Stay tuned!

No comments: