Thursday, August 27, 2009

Well Baby Check-up

Little Miss Lila is getting bigger and bigger! We had her 4 month well baby check today at the doctor's office, it was a little late, but either way we got her all checked out! She is doing GREAT! We are so happy to report that everything is right on track. She weighs 13 lbs. 7 ozs. (50th percentile), she is 25 inches long (75th percentile) and her head circumference is in the 50th percentile as well...she is absolutely perfect!

She of course had to have a few shots, 3 to be exact and a vaccination given by mouth as well. She hated the shots, but was a real trooper and settled down pretty quickly, thank goodness for Daddy to give her lots of love and snuggles to make the pain go away.

She is all snuggled in and tuckered out from her day, she is sleeping in my arms as I write this (not going to put her down for this nap)!

We got the go ahead to give her cereal for the first time, so that will be a fun thing to introduce her to this weekend! We bought a video camera finally, so I would assume you might be seeing a video of her first attempt at food!

It was exactly a year ago today that we found out that we were expecting! I can go back to that day in an instant. We had tried 3 pregnancy tests the night before, two of which came back with an error and one that said Not Pregnant. Mike was so mad, I looked at him and said, "we will wait to take this last one tomorrow, but I am telling you now we are pregnant." That morning we woke up, the first thing I set the pregnancy test on the counter and went to start brushing my teeth. It says to wait 3 minutes for your results, after about 35 seconds I glanced down and it was there...PREGNANT! I called out for Mike several times, louder and louder, he finally heard me in the laundry room and I heard him running down the hallway. He was crying by the time he got to do the doorway! Even though I had told him we were pregnant the night before I was stunned! It took me about 5 minutes and we were both hugging and crying with excitement. We confirmed everything with a blood test that morning and that started our amazing journey into parenthood!

We are so blessed to have such an amazingly perfect little girl. We thank God everyday that she is in our lives, she makes every moment better by just being in it! We love you Lila and we are so proud to be your Mommy and Daddy!

No comments: