Sunday, August 30, 2009

Mmm...Mmm...Good!

You guessed it, Lila had her first taste of rice cereal this weekend! We decided to save it for Friday evening considering her Thursday evening was spent recovering from her doctor's visit. We got all geared up, preparing the cereal just as it said on the side of the box and then it was time for the first spoonful!

Yum! I think I like it!

Oh yes, I definitely like it!

I would say that her first attempt at "real" food was a success! She has happily indulged each day since we have replaced a typical bottle feeding with some cereal. Today she was even grabbing at the little dish trying to get me to go faster and talking her way through the feeding. I can't wait until we give her something with more flavor!

Saturday found Mike at a good friend of ours Man Shower. This is to celebrate the upcoming arrival of our good friends Brandon and Monica's little girl in January. The guys all got together to play yard games, have good food, a few cocktails and catch up. Mommy and Lila did some shopping just the two of us, she is such a trooper, at one point it all must have been too much, she fell sound asleep on the last leg of the trip. We then met up with Amber, Dylan and Danielle at Vito's for dinner. We both commented several times on how well behaved all three of the kids were, it was honestly like we were almost having dinner just the two of us with how well they did. After dinner the ladies and kids headed to meet the guys where we hung out for awhile and braved the cold weather.

Lila loves being outside so much that I am really sad that it has been so cold the past few days, it makes me nervous that we are on a downhill slide into an early winter. I don't know what we will do during the winter months, I know she will really miss the fresh air.

Ahhh...the summer sun!

Her first full week at Connie's was a huge success! I am so happy that I can go to work and honestly say that I don't think twice about where she is during the day. The many times Lila crosses my mind over the course of the day I find comfort in the fact that she is with Connie and I can rest assured that she is being well taken care of. What a blessing!

1 comment:

Mondo said...

Love the cereal face, what a big girl she is becoming!

She lights up my days just seeing pictures of her!