Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Countdown Begins...

Well it is official ladies and gentleman, we will be induced on Friday, April 17th. We had a doctor's appointment this morning due to a trace of protein in my urine that I submitted last Friday. I had a gut feeling when I got off the phone with the doctor's office on Monday when they asked me to come in on Wednesday to meet with the doctor that we would be discusssing induction on Friday. I asked Susan the nurse practioner on Monday if we needed to be worried about anything and she of course reassured me that if Dr. Olson was worried they would have had me in on Monday. But again, I had this overwhelming feeling that we were going to have this baby by the end of the week.

We went in for a typical appointment and once again, I tested out fine and the baby passed her NST with flying colors. We then met with Dr. Olson and she said that everything looks good and we have two options. One being we can induce at 37 weeks (Friday) or we can hold off until around 39 weeks. She essentially gave Mike and I the opportunity to put in our two cents and we had both agreed that if we had the option we were going to let them take us on Friday. I told her that if everyone is healthy now I rather have this baby on a high note instead of wait 10 days to potentially risk something happening and she agreed 100%.

We will head to Mercy tomorrow night around 6:00 to have cervidil implanted which will help dialte and efface my cervix. On Friday morning they will then start by breaking my water to see if I will progress naturally and if not we will move things along by administiring pitocin.

To be honest, I am nervous about the whole labor and delivery process, but I am very much at peace with the fact that we have decided to move forward. I am not sure how much longer I can take of the up's and down's and the you are fine, oh wait we should maybe look into this more routine. I am thankful that we are at a point in which they know for a fact we are all healthy and we will have a "normal" labor and delivery.

We have a few minor things to finish up to get "ready," but all in all we are ready as we are ever going to be when it comes to the nursery, baby items, etc. The puppies will go to Camp Bow Wow and enjoy a nice weekend playing with friends, which will be nice as they will be tuckered out when we bring home the new addition!

Thank you all for your love, prayers and support! We can't wait to introduce our new baby girl to the world! Keep checking the blog as we will definitely document her entrance and the moment Mike and I truly become a "family!"

Oh, how our lives will be changing in the next 48 hours!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Congratulations you two! We can't wait to meet her, you'll all be in our thoughts in prayers these next few days!

Love,
Jamie and Danny

jenni said...

If you can do 9 months of pregnancy, labor is no problem!! Good luck and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers everything goes smooth. Can't wait to see pictures of Baby Girl Eddins!! Early Congrats to both Mommy and Daddy!!