Monday, April 27, 2009

Mommy & Me!

Today was the dreaded day in which Mike went back to work...I was fighting going to sleep last night because I knew morning would mean that Daddy leaves and Lila and Mommy were home, just the two of us. Mike has been such an amazing help I really didn't think I could do it without him. Well, here it is 4:20 and guess what...we have survived!

This morning was busy, busy as we had to get both Lila and Mommy cleaned up and ready to go to Lila's first doctor's appointment. Aunt Jen came to the house at 1o:30 to accompany us to the doctor, it was so nice to have her there for an extra set of hands. We met with our pediatrician, Dr. Mersch and got a clean bill of health. He was very pleased with Lila's growth, she has gained 5 ozs. in 5 days and grew a quarter of an inch since birth. She hasn't quite hit her birth weight, but he was thinking that by Wednesday she would have met that and then will bypass it by the end of the week. I was so relieved to hear someone say "everything is good," it is nice to know that we are doing everything right by our little one...talk about unchartered territory for both of us!

After our doctor's appointment we headed over to Jason and Jen's to have lunch with Jen, Celia, Ruby and Sandi. It was a nice time to hang out and a nice time for me to get out of the house without trapsing Lila all over the mall or some other place like that. Celia was able to help Jen feed Lila a bottle...she did a great job! Both girls are enamored with the newest addition to the family, they are the best big cousins a little girl could have! I can't wait to watch them grow up together!

We came home and collapsed on the couch, that is the most either of us have done in one day as far as venturing out, so it took quite a bit of energy out of us both, but much needed! So, here we are hanging out on the couch and Daddy just walked in the door! Mommy, Lila and the puppies are all so happy to see him! We better think about getting dinner started! Hmmm...the life of a true, blue family!
Relaxing on the couch!!!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Congratulations, Mike and Kirsten! I stumbled upon your blog while visiting Jenni B's and I just wanted to say that your daughter, Lila, is absolutely beautiful! Children definitely change your lives, as I'm sure you are finding out trying to adjust to life with little to no sleep. Trust me, I know, as I had twins first. ;) But that will be small compared to the many hours of joy she will bring to you. Congrats, again, on your little beauty!
God's blessings,
Kate (Hanneman) Ramsey