Monday, April 6, 2009

35 weeks and a baby shower!

This post is a littel overdue, things have been rather eventful for us the past few days!

Friday we went to our 35 week check-up and got even better news than we did the last week. The baby once again, passed her NST with flying colors, my urine came back negative and my blood pressure was in the NORMAL category! The doctors were even more encouraged than they were last week and told us that the earlier issues we were having may have just been something weird my body was going through. YAY! It was such a relief to hear that everything is "back to normal!" I am still working from home as they feel that it doesn't hurt to keep doing that if possible and work has been so great to me, that I am able to continue doing that. Quite honestly, it is amazing the stuff you can get done while being at home without the daily interruptions, but as I said before some human interaction every now in then is also good for my sanity!

They are still planning on letting me go until the baby is ready to come, so no more week of the 13th induction...at least as of now, so back to the May 5th due date. We will continue our weekly visits from this point on as we would have started them this Friday anyway, so we will continue to keep a good eye on everything to make sure that indeed it was just a fluke.

On Saturday my sister-in-law Jen, my nieces Celia and Ruby and my Mom all hosted a family baby shower for me/us at the Smith household! It was a beautiful shower, they truly outdid themselves on the decorations, the flowers, the food, everything! We had around 35 people there to help us celebrate the arrival of Baby Girl Eddins...it truly is overwhelming when you look at the people who love and support you during times like these!


As you can imagine we got showered with lots and lots of gifts! Outfits, toys, diaper bag, nursing pillow, stroller, blankets, picture frames, diapers, etc. The group gift that was given was our car seat, so she is officially able to come home now, they will actually let us leave the hospital with her! One very special gift was from my Grandma Smith. There was a piece of buttefly artwork we had registered for online and she purchased that, which will go over the changing table (look for a picture once it is hung up). With the art though, she stood up in front of everyone and sang a lullaby:
"A little catepillar in its
cradle went to sleep.
She wrapped herself so snuggly
that she couldn't take a peek.
But when she took the covers off
would make you say "Oh my!"
Because the little catepillar
was a pretty butterfly!"
There wasn't a dry eye in the house! For those of you who don't know...butterflies are my favorite, so it truly was personalized just for me! - Thank you Grandma, that was a very special moment for me and it will be cherished forever!

A big thank you to all of our family that attended on Saturday and to those who couldn't be there, you were definitely missed! A very special thank you to Jen, Celia, Ruby and Mom for throwing an amazing shower, there was not one detail left undone! Mike & I are so lucky to have all 4 of you in our lives. And I am especially lucky to have 2 amazing women to learn from as I head into motherhood and 2 amazing children to help our little one learn and grow!

No comments: