Thursday, March 26, 2009

34 weeks and more great news!

We had our weekly visit this morning to check on the progress of Mom and baby. We got to meet with Dr. Olson again after not seeing her the past three times, what a relief! The news is all VERY good news, so we were thrilled and somewhat relieved leaving the doctors office today. We started out with the non-stress test on the baby and again, she passed and is proving to be doing great. My blood panel came back perfect as did my urine check for protein. Even my blood pressure was right where it should be today...super great news!

So, that being said, Dr. Olson said that as long as we continue down this path that she is willing to keep meeting weekly and even see about keeping the baby in there a little longer, so she mentioned that we will keep monitoring and potentially extend the "due date" to sometime between 37-39 weeks. Even though this seems like they are giving us two more weeks of pregnancy it is actually an awesome feeling to hear them say they are that confident that everything is okay. And it puts me one step closer to having a natural birth instead of an induction, which I am great with!

Of course I still need to keep up the good work of allowing my body time to rest and making sure that Mom and baby stay healthy, so they will keep me on the restricted activity, but it obviously seems to be working its magic, so I won't complain!

The hardest thing is the lack of human interaction during the day, but friends and family have been great and meeting me out for lunch or dinner here and there to get me out of my four walls and to humor me and tell me the latest news, etc! The days when I don't have the "treat" of getting out of the house, by the time Mike gets home I am about bouncing off the walls!

All in all everything is really good from our corner of the world! We are again so thankful that we had such a great appointment and thank God that everything seems to be going so well! The goal is to have a happy, healthy Mom and baby and we are happy to report that, that is exactly what we have!

No comments: