Tuesday, March 10, 2009

32 Week Check-up and more...

It has been awhile since we last checked in and boy have we been busy!

We had our 32 week check-up today and everything looks great! Baby Girl Eddins is growing right on track, she has a strong heartbeat of 155 and she is head down, let's hope and pray she stays that way! We met with Dr. Messenger on our rotation and she was very nice! Mommy had a very small spike in my diastolic reading on my blood pressure. They came back in and re-tested me and everything went down, but considering I have been right on track with my blood pressure they didn't want to ignore anything, so they put me on at 24 hour urine collection in which they will perform an analysis of when I turn it in. They reassured both Mike and I that they do not foresee any issues at all, especially since my sample this morning didn't have any protein in it, but considering we are SO close to delivering they want to be sure everything is 100% and not take any chances.

This last Friday I was able to take the day off and head to Iowa City with my Mom, Jen, Celia and Ruby to enjoy a girls day of lunch and shopping! It was a beautiful day, we didn't even have to schlep coats around! We started out by stopping at Mom's house to meet Etta and see Echo and Ezra!

We then took off for Iowa City! We had lunch at Graze, shopped at Dulcinea and then on to Coral Ridge! At Coral Ridge the girls rode the carousel, did Build a Bear and we ended the day with an ice cream cone and watched some ice skating! It really was a great day, we don't get to do it all that often with conflicting schedules!

We have been putting together the nursery slowly but surely. Mike spent some time a few weekends ago putting in new shelving in the closet, which was quite the project, but in the end I know he was very proud of himself! We got some cute baskets to help us better organize and believe it or not things are starting to fill up!

We also received the changing table/dresser (Luca is happy to help show off the new piece of furniture) which was pretty exciting and we got word that the crib has officially shipped, so any day now for that! Amazing to think that in a few short weeks we will have a baby to actually bring home to enjoy all this stuff!

No comments: