Sunday, June 7, 2009

A Double Celebration!

This weekend found us celebrating my Mom and my brother Jason's birthday. They share the same birthday, my brother was my Mom's birthday present 33 years ago on June 6th!

The celebration started on Friday night, we had an adult night out. This means...no kids obviously, SO...it was the first time we left Lila with a babysitter. I have to admit I was pretty anxious about it all day long, but I am proud to report it really wasn't that big of a deal! My cousin Megan and her friend were already babysitting Celia and Ruby, so they were happy to take on Lila too! We dropped off Lila and headed to Uptown Friday Night and from there we went to Daniel Arthur's for a wonderful dinner and good wine. It was beautiful outside so we were able to enjoy their patio. We had good conversation and a lot of laughs! We picked up Lila from a successful first babysitting experience (thanks Megs) and headed on home.

Saturday found us at Jason and Jen's to celebrate their actual birthday with family. Despite the damp weather we had a grill out which included Jason's famous turkey burgers and Mike's famous hamburgers...both very yummy! It was nice to hang out with all of our family and celebrate two very important people in our lives! Happy Birthday Mom & Jason, we love you!

Opening Gifts




Beautiful Girls

Lila was also seven weeks old on Saturday! She is changing everyday! She is awake a lot more and very animated. We are having so much fun with her. It is hard to believe that I will be going back to work in a little over a week...I can't get over the feeling that I will miss out on something. Here are a few pictures of her over the past few weeks.

Happy Girl



Bath Time



Mommy, Daddy & Lila


Grammy & Lila

Being snuggled by Great Grandma Smith


Cuddling with Great Grandpa Harvey


Snoozing in Grandpa Smith's arms


It has been a great week and ended with a great weekend surrounded by those we love! I am going to do my best to make the most of this last week home with Lila and the puppies, the time has gone by so fast, I have loved every minute of it.

1 comment:

debbe lampe nelson said...

Looks like everyone had a wonderful time celebrating birthdays and family!! Love ya, Debbe