Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

I am trying to squeak in a post before we head off to bed! I think it is safe to say that Mike had a good FIRST Father's Day! The day started off on a high note...Lila slept through the night! She went to bed around 9:00 last night and woke up at about 10 minutes to 7:00 this morning. I gladly got up with her while Daddy continued to get a few more z's! When Mike got up we had breakfast and then all of us spent some quality time in our jammies reading the paper and snuggling on the couch!

It was then time for presents! Lila and the puppies picked out a watch for Daddy that he has had his eye on for awhile. He was very pleased with his watch but kept insisting that the best gifts in his life are his daughter, his puppies and his wife...AWWWW!!!

This evening we headed over to Jason and Jen's to have a celebratory dinner. We had steak, chicken, pork chops, salad, potatoes, asparagus and a scrumptious DQ cake for dessert! The Smith family just introduced the Wii into their lives, so everyone had a good time taking turns bowling and golfing, it definitely allowed us some good laughs! The food was wonderful as always and the company was a great way to spend Father's Day!

It truly is amazing looking down at little Lila...the one who makes days like this possible, Mike is right, she truly is the gift, but like I am a gift to him, he is a gift to me. I have fallen in love with him several times in my life, but I had never fallen as hard as when I saw him become a father. He truly is an amazing father and I know I wouldn't be half of the mother I am without him. I love you Mike, for being my friend, my husband and the father of my child...thank you!
Happy Father's Day to all of the amazing men in our lives!

No comments: