Monday, June 15, 2009

We have survived!

Better yet...I have survived! As you can imagine, Lila did great today...I truly believe that the transition of a parent going back to work is harder on the parent than it is on the child. We have a modified daycare plan for the summer. My cousin Jorden is watching Lila a few days a week, Mike and I will alternate one day a week and she will go to what will be her regular daycare a few days a week as well. It sounds confusing, but really it isn't that big of a deal and actually, it allows Mom to pull the band aid off a little slower...allowing me some more precious time with Lila once a week! I now know not to take it for granted!

Today Jorden came to the house to watch her. I was all a flutter with trying to get ready and make sure Lila was content that I didn't actually have my emotional breakdown until I got in the car. This is where I think it is harder on the parent than the child...when I left the house Lila was sound asleep enjoying her bouncy seat, I was the only one awake for the big moment. And in true baby fashion she woke up, saw a smiling face that was willing to give her a bottle, read her stories, sing to her and make sure her bum was dry...she was a happy camper! I on the other hand had to live with the guilt of leaving her and wondering how exactly I was going to get through my day without having a breakdown every 15 minutes and picking up the phone to see if everything was okay. Well...I am proud to report, I only brokedown the ONE time in the car and I only called ONCE to check in! That doesn't mean I didn't think about Lila every 5 minutes and wonder what she was doing because I did, but I refrained from being the nervous Mom knowing again, this is much harder on me than it is on her.

I got home this afternoon and low and behold she was fine, in fact she was pooped! We have spent some quality time as a family snuggling on the couch. We even went outside to play fetch with the puppies! I know each day going to work will get easier and we will just have to make sure to make the most of the precious time we have together in the evenings...right down to the very last seconds!


Relaxing out back!


Yeah Mom, everything is going to be just fine!


1 comment:

debbe lampe nelson said...

Way to go Mom!! Love love love the pictures .. Miss Lila is absolutely beautiful!! My #1 son turns 30 today .. cherish each and every moment .. it goes by in a blink! Love, Debbe