Sunday, June 14, 2009

Life Changes...

It is amazing to think that 8 weeks ago yesterday, Lila entered into this world. It has been 8 weeks filled with a slew of emotions! We went from being overwhelmed to starting to figure things out. We went from mourning our "old" life to fully embracing our new one. We have felt tired and energized all in the same 24 hour period. And most of all we have felt love like we never thought was possible...both for each other and for our beautiful daughter!

Another life change is upon us...just as we were getting cozy in our new life, another curve ball is thrown. I head back to work tomorrow. With that a whole new set of emotions have hit. I am truly excited to go back to work, I know myself well enough that I would not be the best stay at home mother. The adult stimulation will be good for me and I know I will be a better mother for working. However, the thought of leaving Lila for more than a few hours just about rips my heart out. I can't help but think about all the things I will miss out on and the few hours a day I will get to spend with her vs. the whole day I spend with her now.

Mike assures me that even though it is extremely hard, that it is such an amazing feeling to come home to her after a day of work, smiling, excited to see you. I know he is right and that soon, this transition will too become our new "normal." But for now it is the unknown and it is sad and quite frankly scary as hell. I mean seriously, how do you leave this face?!

No comments: